Tuesday, July 22, 2008

birthday extravaganza



Let me start out by saying I probably have the most thoughtful boyfriend on the planet. And I knew this a while ago, but dang, I realized it even more tonight. It was my birthday today. And naturally, I spent all of it at work with my daycare kids, and then I went to an amazing night of worship. I never really care about birthdays, for the mere fact that I think it is a day of mourning because you get a year older and you can never have that age back. But anywho, so I had an okay day.


I got a phone call about 5:00 and it was Hunter telling me his car broke down, and he was stuck in a parking lot, so I went there to get him. And then I took him home, and he was kind of in a bad mood because everything he was trying to get done today was going wrong. So I took him home, then I came home and got ready for church. Then I acted 3 and pitched a fit because I didn't want to go to church...I was tired, and it was my birthday, and I didn't really have any sort of day, and wah wah wah. So after much debate and argumentative talking on the phone, I decided I would go to church, because after all, the only reason I even have a birthday was because of God.


Well now I was a little mad, because I wanted to do something with Hunter tonight, but now I knew that afterwards we had to go pick up his car, swing by the gym, and by this time it would be 10:30 at night.


Well, he shows up at church, with a bouqet of Tulips because he remembers thats my favorite flower, and gives me a big hug. This made me glad. Then, afterwards he rushes around and keeps saying we are going to be late and I couldn't figure out what to, and he pulled up to Carrabas and the take out guy immediately brings out this huge bag of food!!! Hunter already had ordered it earlier and everything. So we took it home and ate it. Then we just talked and he gave me my birthday present.


But seriously, I felt so bad for acting like a little brat all day. And for being so selfish about stupid little things.
I'm just excited about life, and about love, and about everything.


--carly


2 comments:

The Baurs said...

HaPpY BdAy! That is an adorable picture of you guys! I love the flowers too. I am glad you came to church last night b/c then I would've "pitched a fit" that I didn't get to see you on your birthday! I am excited about the Wednesday night plans!!! LYLF!

Mandy Santos said...

Beautiful flowers, Beautiful people! =)