Friday, July 25, 2008

Talula does the Hula? Is she good?

So I just redid my page, and that picture is HUGE, but I kind of like it I guess. It took me forever to even figure out how to get a picture anywhere. You'd think I could figure that stuff out. Frustrating....
I'm about to go babysit. I haven't babysat in forever and I am pretty excited. It should be a nice break hanging out with 2 kids instead of 26 all day. And then it is the weekend. This is going to be a special weekend.
I am finally getting a macbook pro and I am so stinkin excited!!! I just found out the Apple store downtown opens tomorrow morning too SO if everything works out as planned, I can just go buy it there. And have it the day of instead of having to patiently wait for a shipment.
So for my topic of the morning, I want to blog about something that has outraged me---celebrity baby names. Someone had the nerve to name their kid "Talula does the Hula". Now, you think that wouldn't be allowed, but it was. And the child is now 9 and the court took custody of the child just to have the authority to change her name. This weird name scheme could cause a lot of difficulties socially and emotionally for a child as they grow up. I know if I met "Talula does the Hula" I would probaly have something weird to say, or atleast an awkward face and why would any parent want to put their child through that all over a name. Apparently, other celebrities have gotten away with "Number 16 Bus Shed" as a name and "Diva Thin Muffin" and lets not forget "Tu Morrow"! I mean SERIOUSLY. I think there should be a line drawn in the system that has some rule stating that names that could potentially damage a childs social and emotional stature should not be allowed.
Well, Talula does the Hula is now one of my new favorite sayings...and I would love to meet the parents who named their child that. I have something to say to them...

-Talula does the Hula

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talula does the Hula...lol. Thats hilarious. And its hilarious that you wrote a blog about it. I'm reading your blog too. And it's awesome working with you. I wish our class and your class could hang out more. And by the way Talula does the Hula is my cousin. lol