Monday, August 4, 2008

am i speaking english?

God has been speaking a word to me lately and it is something like patience...i think that is the word, well, i know it is the word but I have been acting like I don't hear it.  And I pretend that I can't understand it, like it is Spanish or Italian or something.  Why?  I don't know.
But it has hit me hard, especially in these past few months.  Patience is important.  Why rush things?  Why not just sit and be in a state of contentment with what God has given me?  He has given me so much, yet I hunger for more, all of the time.  And it is for things that will bring me no benefit, much less anyone else benefit.  So what is the purpose for longing and needing them right NOW.  I feel like I am rambling.  But I am not a good sorter of thoughts.
My point is you always "need" something else.  Like this---you are 15 and all you can think about is getting your permit.  You finally get it.  You drive around with an adult.  It is fun for a few weeks, then you begin to get bored and want your restricted.  All you can think about is getting that restricted.  You take classes, you study, you practice, then you finally get your restricted. You finally drive by yourself.  But having to be off the roads by 6:00 begins to get old and you want your full license.  It never ends.  
You have a house, but it isn't big enough.
You have a car, but it's not nice enough.
Why not just feel content and let your heart be content in Christ?
PATIENCE is a virtue...and that isn't just a saying.

1 comment:

The Baurs said...

Very true. Even the wealthiest people in the world probably still feel they "need" more, whether it be material things or not. Whenever I am feeling "un-content", I like to remember that I am this age in my life right now at this time that I am never going to get back once it passes. And yes, things in life will always change, but this day and this time I can never get back... so soak it all up. :)

"These are the days you will remember for the rest of your life... These are the memories you'll pack in a box and pull out sometime...So pick your flowers, count the seconds, roll the dice... oh and don't wait til it's too late...put a smile on your face... These are the days" (country song: These Are the Days - Jo Dee Messina)