Tuesday, October 14, 2008

politics and cereal

I have been keeping up a lot with this years presidential election.  I have been studying the different nominees, understanding what they are all about, and learning about their faith and values, and I can say I can stand firm in my choice on who I am deciding to vote for.  I feel like a lot more people are getting involved.  But I also feel like there are a lot of people who are not taking the time to truly get the low down on who they are voting for.  I hope for this election, people will not just decide on a candidate based on certain circumstances or who their parents or friends are voting for, I hope they research and are able to truly say that they would want that person in office because they will have power in a just way, and use it to better America and to rise up and be the leader of this country.
I was watching Sarah Palin on the "campaign trail" in Pennsylvania today, and I was captivated. While she was talking and presenting her stance on different issues and the plans she had for the country, I was busy watching and listening to the crowd in the background.  There were times when everyone would chant USA for several minutes, and everyone was excited and uniting together to support the candidate.  I got the butterflies.  Kind of like when you are at a HUGE baseball game or you are at a place gathered with many different people and you all come together to sing the national anthem. Or maybe because I am weird.  I don't know.  But there is a sense of pride in that.  Pride for your country.  And I think it is really cool.
I pray and trust that God will put the leader in place that this country needs.  

November 4th will surely be interesting, but I am excited to see how America votes.  And as for me, I am excited to vote because I am finally registered!!  GO ME!

As for me, I am off to sleep, because Fall Break is officially over and I have to wake up at the crack of dawn for swimming class.  OH MERCY!

No comments: