Wednesday, November 12, 2008

5 ft. small or 5 ft. tall?

I have not had the pleasure or sincere enjoyment of writing an insightful blog in a while, so I figured I would grace my knowledgable ways of wording onto this blog once again.  This mac is cool.  It lets me know that I can't spell...it currently has the word "knowledgable" in a red underline because it is letting me know I am an idiot.  But I am going to go against it and leave it as it.  It makes it more personal that way.  

I have been contemplating the mere aspect of everyday life.  Everyone at some point wakes up, hopefully, and begins their day.  They get ready, or if you are like me, you throw on some clothes, and leave the comfort of your house to venture out into the hustle and bustle of the world.  You encounter people everywhere you go for the most part, whether it be strangers or people you have met before.  But have you ever wondered the amount of trust you put in people?  I sit in a classroom, trusting that no one has any anger management problems and wants to do something crazy.  I walk down the street, trusting that no one is going to beat me up because I am a little nerd.  People sit on planes, being steered in a direction by a pilot whom they don't know, who is to say they are going the right way?  I might be the only one who sits down and analyzes these things, but it blows my mind.  And I am not even sure this makes any sense to you, but it makes complete sense to me.

Anyways, now instead of being insightful, I am going to be blunt.  I have had a LONG day.  During swimming class today, the professor video taped us doing various strokes and then he would pull aside and we would watch them and he would analyze them.  Awkward.  So I get ready to do my best freestyle.  He tells me it looks good but to lengthen my arms some.  Well, apparently, he told my friend that she did her freestyle like a chicken wing, how that is possible I don't know, but then I immediately felt a little better about myself.  Which is funny because that is kind of rude.... but whatever.  So then, I did my backstroke, he said once again looks good but rotate your body more.  So then my friend tells me he told her she did her backstroke like a log.  All I could say was man, he must really not like you.  If anyone told me I swam like a log I would look at them like they were half crazy.  Logs don't swim, duh.

Then I went to the gym, ran for 30 minutes, then ate a lot of ice cream.  I like to do a little balancing out.

And for the record, EggNog is apparently really bad for you....if you drink 1/2 a cup, you might as well have just eaten a double decker chocolate icing molten lava cake.

bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carly you are crazy....lol. We do put a lot of trust in people all around us. Like college campuses or neighborhoods...where random shootings where random shootings take place. This world is going mad! lol. We seriously would be great roommates. haha. By the way the thought of eggnog makes me throw up my mouth..maybe that's just me.lol

Anonymous said...

I totally said wrote random shootings twice. sry.