Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One Nation, Under God

I was debating on posting something on my thoughts and feelings about the election.  When reading this, understand that this is strictly my opinion, but I feel like I should write it out.  

I was watching Fox News last night as they were tallying up the polling results, and around 11:10, the announcement was made that our new President-elect was Barack Hussein Obama.  Now, to be honest and straight forward, I did not vote for Obama like most of this nation did.  I studied him, I researched his beliefs and values, and they did not match mine.  I was very displeased with the reaction of a lot of my fellow peers, and I fell right into the trap at first because I acted out of my emotions.  People posting things like "I want to move" and "what have we done" and then the positives, "change is coming", change, change, change.  That is aggravating.  And the passion people have poured out going into this election and coming out of it has been unbelievable.  And now, he is our President.  All we can do is pour the power of prayer over him.  Instead of complaining and instead of speaking negativity over his win and over these next four years, we need to be supportive.  I may not agree with everything he has to say, and no one is asking me to, but I don't need to preach negative comments--that seems a little "un-American".  And I would like to take this as another historical event I have personally witnessed and have become a part of.  I voted in this election, and our first African American President has been elected into office.  That is a tremendous feat and even the most conservative person can agree.  It is true that this was never thought of a couple of decades ago.

But people need to remember, Obama is not our savior, Obama can not bring upon the "change" we really need without the direction and the presence/power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray for him, I pray for his leadership over this country in these what seem to be challenging times, and I pray he seeks Christ during his 4 years in office.  God has his hand on this country, and God has his hand on Obama.

the end.

back to the books, I'm not loving school at the moment, hence the blog break.