Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mac-n-Cheese...and WHAT!?

I have a lot of free time now-a-days so I have no reason not to update this thing.  This semester has started out crazy but good.  My schedule is pretty stinky, but I have lots of free time in the afternoons to get things done and just be able to hang out with friends.  Even though I miss working all the time.  Maybe a part time job at apple?  Hm, something to consider...

Yesterday, I met Melissa and Eryc at our school cafeteria to eat food and watch the inauguration on one of the many tv's scattered around.  It was crowded.  I started eating what I picked out and Eryc asked me if I read the sign about the food being Obama's favorite dish?  Well come to find out, the theme was "The Obama Family's favorite foods".  I kind of wanted to puke in a strange way.  I mean I never got to experience Bush's favorite foods.  They could of had a Texas feast at some point ya know?  And then I watched as people wept and watched the new President take the stage and take his oath of office.  People were chanting his name, crying, and here I was, eating the man's favorite dishes.  I'm not trying to rag on the new President.  I like the man way more than I did at first.  I don't agree with some of his policies, but that is okay.  I think he has a great marriage, which it is good for people to have an example of that.  He will be a good leader, and at least people are finding hope.  Because America is in a bit of a slump.  But that is okay.  Obama may be our new President, but God is mine.  And God has every one of his people in the palm of his hand, watching over them.  And my trust is in Him. But I couldn't help but just get a little nauseated at the "worship" people seemed to be having for this man. 

Anyways, I'm going to tackle some of this spanish, hit up my 5:30 class, and peace out of here.  I have had a pretty productive day.  Class from 10-12, lunch, worked out, now about to grab some coffee.

Peace, love, and macaroni + msg (the Obama girls favorite!)



No comments: