Sunday, January 25, 2009

small world...no joke

I was debating on writing a blog about this occurrence because I didn't want this blog thing to become a personal releasing space, but I can't resist.
I don't know how many people know or what, but I had a sister.  She passed away before I was born from a terminal case of cancer at the age of 12.  My mom was pregnant with me at the time.  I didn't know her, but I feel like I do from stories from my parents or pictures from her times.  When she was alive, my family lived here in charleston for some of the time in Goose Creek before moving overseas for my dad's job.  
Yesterday, I was getting into my car to head to leadership, and my neighbor, whom I have never really carried on a conversation with, asked if I was Carlynn.  I said yes kind of reluctantly because I wondered what bad thing I had done to the HOA in Oak Bluff now, that had all of the neighbors on the hunt for no other than me.  She told me her name and that I didn't know her but she knew my sister, very well.  Her daughter was best friends with my sister.  That is weird. I don't know if anyone really can understand how weird that is, but my next door neighbors knew my sister.  She would spend the night with them, always be at their house, and now here I am living DIRECTLY next door to them.  That is just plain weird.  But cool I guess.
I didn't really know what to say to her, I just kind of smiled a lot and said wow, that is really neat, and really weird.
The other plus too is that now I know that I have awesome neighbors.  Who will look out for my house, because I am really paranoid.  Don't ever try to sneak attack me, it won't end well for you.
But anyways, after all of these stories and hearing all about my awesome sister Laura, I really truly honestly have two things keeping me going towards the finish line, God and the hope and excitement of eventually meeting her.
gnight moon.

3 comments:

Anna Baur said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know that...and that is such a coincidence, or maybe more of a blessing! :)

Mandy Santos said...

Carly, that is so cool! I can't think of what else to say!!! She's like an angel or something! I'm sure God orchestrated that just for you. :)

Britt said...

amazing! not only you did meet someone so close to your sister (which is so stinkin cool!) but now you know all of your neighbors don't hate you...lol. I obviously never knew your sister but I still have an admiration for her and know she's a big part of you. And I know she's proud of you! love you!