Friday, January 9, 2009

scatter brained

I wish I were sitting on the beach right now.  Hoodie on, barefeet halfway covered with sand, sitting close to the water hugging my knees.  It is so peaceful there.  And in times like these, that is what I need, peace.  I can forget the world for a few minutes when I am sitting there. Because all I can see for miles is ocean, and all I can hear is the waves, crashing on shore, then slowly fading back out, only to repeat the endless cycle.  I find God there.  Don't get me wrong, I find God everywhere, even in the busiest of places, but I really find God at the beach.  How can you deny a God who told the oceans where to stop so that a strip of sand could form.  And beyond the shore, crowded streets and crowded minds exist.  And those like me, forget to remember God in the midst of their busy world.  I need focus.  My focus is gone.  And I can't seem to find it.  The focus I really need is the kind that is on my creator.  Because when focused on Him, life begins to fall into place and meaningless begins to have meaning.  Those without purpose find purpose. The weak find strength.  The lonely find true love.

My mind is wrapped around life.  I am distracted by school, relationships and I'm just too busy all of the time trying to figure things out.  I just wish I could stop having to figure things out.  I wish everything I tried to accomplish wasn't so stressful.  I wish I were sitting on the beach with guitar in hand, pencil and paper, and a sunset.  Beautiful.

And maybe I will stop trying to figure things out by myself, because I am not created to serve a life devoted to my desires, but to my fathers desires, to fulfill my purpose that I have been called to fulfill for Him. 

goodnight moon.

 

3 comments:

The Baurs said...

The beach is wonderful in that way... I think you should go...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this. I feel like at times our desires and goals just takes a toll on us and eventually consume us, but really it's up to us to decide what's most important in our lives. It would be nice to just get away and just have alone time with God. This makes me want to go now lol. seriously...

Anna Baur said...

oh my gosh! did you write this for real? it is beautiful! :) the beach is absolutely amazing, and you made it sound even better!!