Sunday, June 1, 2008

I feel Cranky

It is late. I am still awake. And I have to be up in less than 5 hours to work, and make a living for myself. I'm thinking a nice cup of coffee and pulling an all-nighter sounds like a good idea.
I think I will like this idea of blogging. I don't really have any reason to really "blog", but why not pour out my thoughts on a big white space for everyone to read? I guess I'm a pretty entertaining person, so I should have some entertaining stories for you.

But on a more serious note, I do have something I want to address because it hit me today while I was watching tv. The most OUTRAGEOUS moments captured on video was on this afternoon, and I was pretty lost in it. These captured moments were quite outrageous, they did a fine job naming their program. But in almost every one of the videos, there was some sort of rescuer involved. Somebody was risking their lives just to save the life on another, someone they didn't even know. Now, there was a lot of ways I began applying this to my life. And I watched the show with admiration for the "hero" that stepped in, faced the danger, and rescued someone from a horrific accident. Then, I tried to really put myself in that position...if I was an onlooker, would I jump in and try to save the life of someone I didn't even know? I don't know if I would. But I feel like everyday, in some way, whether insignificant or large, I am given that opportunity. Everyday there is someone I encounter for reasons I do not understand. This gives me a strong attitude check. And I am thinking I need to fix it. It is funny to think how many people you move every day by your attitude and the words you let come out of your mouth. I am understanding....and convicted.

Why be an onlooker when there are people starving for truth, truth that I feel and am so passionate about? Why hold something so important inside and keep it to myself? I don't need to wait for a disaster or an outrageous moment to do something radical.

And with that, it's off to bed I go.

1 comment:

The Baurs said...

Yay! I am glad I inspired you to do a blog. I like the iCarly thing...lol, so you! :) LYLF!