Wednesday, June 25, 2008

you're my best friend

I think it is funny how so many things change and grow through out a lifetime. And how your concept of things tends to change over time. I always remember when my mom would talk about how much she loved antiques and all these weird things and I would just laugh and insist I would never like those things. Now I find myself loving antique type things and liking similar types of pieces that I always swore I would never take interest in.

That is kind of how I am viewing life now. It is so different than I ever would have expected. I am a month away from being 20, going to college for a computer science degree, dating an amazing man of God with ambitions, dreams and goals beyond what I could ever expect, living in a house with 4 amazing people and sleeping on the top of a bunk bed... [ i think i went a little backwards in that aspect. don't you sleep on a bunk bed when you're like 5?] and so many other things. I mean heck, I was the maid of honor in my best friends wedding last year... we always talked about it for years, and then somewhere a long the way life happend, and I found myself on a stage being there for her on one of the most important days of her life.

Another thing I have been really analyzing lately is the way people interact with others. I love people watching, and I love building relationships with people. I hate meaningless. But I have been in a constant state of learning, and I can hand most of that to Hunter. For the longest time, people have had something to say about us. Whether it be age difference, or the "stage of life" we are each in, and how it just isn't a good idea....but frankly, I have learned to really not care. Who is to tell me who is good for me and who is not, besides me, and possibly my dad. People take too much time analyzing the outside of things without trying to understand the heart of someone. I have never met someone more in love with God and life than him. Yes, he is crazy at times, but I like him for that. As much as his goofyness can drive me crazy, it has taught me to chill out, and not take life so super seriously all of the time. What is the point in living life, just to be in a constant state of normalcy? I don't want to be normal. I want to be as far from that as I can. I am so glad we are together. I finally feel at peace in that area of my life. I have someone who is constantly striving to be a better person, a better boyfriend, and a better man of God...this in turn only makes me want to be better.

I guess the part that makes me laugh the most in all of this is that 7 months ago, I told someone I would never date them, and that I didn't want to waste their time because I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to lead anyone on. And look where that got me, I was still pursued after being a jerk, and for 7 months I have learned so much about somone that I became their best friend, and now I get to hold that hand and be that girlfriend that I said I would never be....

coool story.

I'm done being mushy, I never ever am, so enjoy it while it's here. :)

1 comment:

The Baurs said...

I'm so happy for you! You forgot to mention that you have to have the other sides of the "LF triange" (now the LF square) also approve of who is good for you and who is not!!!! J/K!!!!! Plus it has been clearly stated anyway "We love Hunt!" and we have from the start (even when you were a jerk Carly... lol). I hope one day I can be in my best friend's wedding... one day soon preferably... lol :)