Friday, September 26, 2008

driving blind

I don't recommend trying the title of my blog.  It is a bad idea.

I have been in a tornado of emotions these past few days and I haven't been myself.  I have been frustrating everyone around me, I am sorry.  I have been super stressed out lately with my lack of motivation with everything that was once very important to me.  It's like I hit a big speed bump and I can't quite get the back tires over the big yellow obnoxious line in the road.  School as been kicking me in the rear end.  My classes are hard.  And I feel like I can't keep up or understand fully what I am learning.  Like my computer programming class.  The concepts aren't hard at all, but actually applying the concepts STINKS!  I sit at home for hours staring at a screen throwing a bunch of nonsensical code into a box, hoping it produces something that is remotely close to what the assignment is asking for.  And it isn't like I can just get help from the book or something.  It just becomes impossible.  And I have to score a 70 on my assignment score in order to not have to retake the class.  Dear Lord please help me make it through this.  This class reminds me that I don't like programming.  I am intrigued with the hardware and problem solving of a computer.  Not developing long amounts of gibberish.  Then my calculus teacher is the smartest man in the world, but I have decided he is just too smart to teach.  I have no clue what the man is saying.  And math is something I enjoy and can usually figure out pretty easily. 
Then, all of this stress crosses over into my spiritual life and my relational life.  I start becoming slack on the one thing that matters to me the most, my relationship with God.  I start making excuses for quiet time.  And I start replacing school work with my time set aside for God and worship.  And when you do that, life just plain, excuse my french, sucks.  
So I am needless to say learning.  I am learning time management and how to better prioritize. I am learning that it is so much easier to involve God than to try to do things on my own.

On another note, I watched the debate tonight, and I am convinced on John McCain.  And yes, John McCain has a bracelet, BUT SO DOES OBAMA!  hahahaha. 

I am delirious, goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carly I love you. You really are the one the funniest people that I know. I hope everything works out with school...it will work out it's just sometimes things crash on us all at once. Had fun with you last night....

The Baurs said...

Hahaha about the bracelet... that was fun last night. :) School consumes my life too... good news is it is almost fall break!!!! :)