Friday, September 5, 2008

Hanna Banana

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog.  So I figured while I'm sitting here listening to Tropical Storm Hanna outside, and watching some TLC show, I would update.  It has been a crazy few weeks.  School kicked back in a full speed and I am excited to see what this semester is going to hold.  I am taking an advanced swimming class which is fun, but I find myself running to my next class, which is like .5 miles away, smelling like chlorine and dripping wet.  But I can't complain too much, it is a good workout.
On Sunday, Hunter and I went to 
Walterboro to hang out with his family a
nd eat some good food. Thats was a fun day.  I like escaping to some peace and quiet once in a while.
Another thing I am tremendously enjoying is having my own room.  My own space to throw clothes everywhere, watch tv until 4AM, talk on the phone whenever I want, get homework done the right way, and many other things.
I am bummed they canceled school today, that makes me pretty much not normal right?  I don't want to have to make up this day.  BUT, after a lot of thinking, I guess I can understand why we didn't have class.  It is hard for me to understand how some rain and some wind potential, which isn't really going to impact us too greatly, and if it does, not until late tonight, would cause a day full of classes to be canceled.  I know it floods downtown, but common.  Anyways, back to me being understanding, this storm had a lot of unanswered questions lingering around it and nobody really knew the strength it would gain, or where it was going to hit.  It is good that our country has government in place that cares and concerns about the well being of the citizens, even when what seems to us as minor storms threaten our day-to-day plans.  I just have to be glad that I got to literally stay in my bed for the majority of the day and get some homework done.  
Now I am off to hang out with the boy friend and listen to the rain :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be careful with having your own room because I have mine. And my clothes will stay on the floor for months. Pretty gross, but true. So be cautious. If I come over and smell something then I definitely know it's your room.lol later gangsta!