Thursday, December 4, 2008

good ole CofC

I'm sitting at school waiting to meet with my teacher to discuss my programming problems and I felt the need to blog.  This has been a terrible day.  And it is only 2:05 in the afternoon.  I am currently taking a Calculus class to fulfill a credit in my major.  2 Years ago, I took a business calculus class because I was once a business marketing major.  Well, apparently, Business Calculus and regular Calculus are pretty much identical.  And the college decided that I would not get my 4 credit hours I should be allotted to and that I have rightfully earned, due to what I consider a MAJOR flaw in the math departments system.  To put it in plain terms, I have taken a 4 credit class, and the only thing I will get to show for it is a grade on my GPA and the right to fulfill a degree requirement without getting 4 credits.  Now, my scholarship that I have to have 30 hours a year for is screwed completely up and I will probably have to take 2 summer classes if I don't get this resolved.  It just isn't fair to me at all.  Regardless if they are the same type of class, so what if I've taken 2 of them.  Count one as an elective or something.  Don't just make it all go away!!!  It's just not right.  None of my advisors have expressed to me that this would be of any type of concern.
I am hoping I can meet with the Head of the Department of Mathematics very soon to try and get this resolved.  And I hope it will be a positive outcome.  I don't have the time or the emotional ability to deal with this kind of calamity right now.  Thank you College of Charleston.  Pray for me.
On another note, I did learn that Humans maximum swimming speed is 5.05MPH, and otter swims 7 MPH and a dolphin swims a whopping 30 MPH!!!  Thank you swimming 108.

-carly

2 comments:

The Baurs said...

:( Yet another unfortunate misguidance from the CofC advising system. I hate to be negative but anyone who talks to a CofC adivsor better beware- some of them think regular students like to go to college for 5 years. Last I checked we like to finish in 4 years (and less if we can). They are tricky... guard your pocketbooks! I am sad for you Carly. That stinks... I will say a little prayer.

Britt said...

oh friend. i'm sorry our schools dumb advisors can't get anything right. and Mel's right-they'd loovvee for you to stay an extra year and pay lots more money. riDICULOUS! love you. =)