Monday, December 8, 2008

happy birthday to you

So the last time I blogged, it was in reference to my exam.  Now, I will blog about no one other than Hunter's birthday extravaganza's!!  Yes, that is plural.  Wednesday the 3rd was his actual birthday, and we are always super super busy during the week between work, school and other stuff.  So he decided to take off from work early on Wednesday night and I surprised him with some dinner.  I made some steaks, steam
ed green beans, scalloped potatoes and a birthday cake.  And I had it all set up when he arrived, even though it was a little l
ater than expected. But he was definitely surprised.  Then, he opened his gift and we attempted to watch a movie but the dvd kept skipping so cable tv it was.  

So Saturday, we went to the Columbia Zoo because he is obsessed and amazed with animals.  The thing about zoo's too is that you can see some of Gods coolest creations and get an up close look at the intricate details, characteristics
 and abilities each one has.  Like, the Gorillas were seriously the cooles
t things ever in life.  They almost looked like they could talk to you if you walked up to them, but I don't recommend it because they are very muscular and they probably will not talk to you.  We walked around for about 3 hours then headed to the mall, Cracker Barrel for dinner in Orangeburg and then back home.  Might I add, Hunter suggested we eat at Duke's BBQ in Ridgeville on the way, and I couldn't help but contemplate how many people decide to do that before heading to the zoo.  And we definitely looked like out of towners.  But that is okay, we love BBQ!!!  I will upload more pics later but this thing is being annoying.

2 comments:

The Baurs said...

I LOVE gorillas!!!!! They are sooo amazing. You can seriously watch them for hours and not get bored.
Glad you had fun!!!! :) Happy Birthday Hunt!

Anonymous said...

Hey good job on the steaks. Sounds much better than salmon and asparagus. haha. And I once I went to that zoo and the gorillas pounded on the glass and made a loud noise. It was scary. I think I am scarred for life. Glad they didn't do that to you though!