Tuesday, December 16, 2008

police chases and...calculus?

Today has been quite a boring, very uninteresting day.  To make it very clear, I spent 6 hours of it bent over stacks of math problems inside of the good old Addlestone Library downtown.  I repeat, I did math problems for 6 hours.  Minus the 30 minutes I took to grab a sandwhich, but then it was right back to the books.  I'm so ready for tomorrow at approximately 1:00.  I will be home free until January 12.  Only then to have the madness begin again.  

I was driving home on Meeting Street heading towards the interstate, just minding my own business, going about 30 mph because thats the speed limit and I don't break the law.  There was about 3 feet of space between the car in front of me and myself.  All of a sudden, this tall huge man comes sprinting off of the sidewalk and right into the road and right in front of my car, causing me to slam on my brakes so I wouldn't hit this crazy man.  Now, my instinct was to honk and flip out, but his hand was in his pocket and I figured anyone who just runs into traffic has just done something very wrong or they are just insane, so I opted out of getting shot this afternoon.  Which is good because church was a lot of fun tonight.  Anyways, back to my story.  No lie, 1 second later before I could even get my foot on the gas pedal to continue on my way, a short little stocky police man comes sprinting off the sidewalk, once again RIGHT in front of my truck, leaps about 3 feet off of the ground and tackles the dude that already ran in front of my car.  It was literally like a quarterback getting sacked in a football game.  Considering this police mans size and the tall scary mans size, I was quite impressed.  Then, about 5 cop cars flew out of all directions and went to the scene.  And I was on my way.

Good story, huh?  I knew my hunch that he was probably up to no good was right.  And after seeing the magnitude of the tackle, I was glad I did not honk.  I might have very well been injured.

Now, I am going to sleep because I have an 8 AM exam and a noon exam tomorrow.  I have studied long and hard but it will only be by Gods mercy and grace on my brain that I actually spill out things that make some sort of sense on this Calculus test tomorrow.

Goodnight.

No comments: